Garage Parking Spot for Rent
Tired of fighting for a parking spot in Cambridge, MA? Tired of fighting
the "meter maids" and searching for quarters? Rent my great garage
parking spot instead!
- Reserved parking spot.
- Underground parking garage, with enclosed covered spot, not
exposed to the elements.
- Secure, behind locked electric sliding garage door.
- Elevator access to garage.
- Garage has clearance of 7 ft 6 in.
- Cons: Entrance ramp is fairly steep, so low vehicles
(primarily sports cars) may have ground clearance problems.
- Cons: not a very large spot, so not suitable for a large
truck. Cars and minivans are fine. Width of spot is 225 cm (7
ft 5 in) to the inner edges of the delimiting yellow lines, and the
yellow lines themselves are 9 cm thick (4 in). Length of the
spot is 490 cm (16 ft 1 in) from the wall to the inside of the
far yellow line, which is again 9cm (4 in) thick. But many cars
parked in the garage stick out about 50 cm (2 ft) beyond that,
so the effective permitted length is about 550 cm (18 ft).
- Available immediately. Restricted to residents of the building.
- Asking $75/month.
- Lease of six months or longer (see garage-lease.txt for typical lease
agreement). For security and liability purposes, I also need to
see government-issue photo-id, and take a copy thereof.
Entrance ramp. Note that low cars can
"bottom out" at the foot of the ramp. The ramp is professionally
cleaned in the winter, so that ice is not a problem.
General interior of the garage.
View of the space. There are three
parking spots between the two yellow columns. The space for rent
is the middle spot, number 29, in which the Honda CR-V is shown
Another view of the spot, number 29.
Nothing much to see, actually! There are faint yellow lines on
the ground marking the spot, barely visible in the photograph.
Elevator access to the garage.
2353 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02140-1244
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or
617.365.7997 for more details or to view the parking spot.
Rujith de Silva
Created 2006-01-17; modified 2014-09-17.