Perot Work Experience
I worked at Perot
Systems from June 1997 to February 2001. My job titles included
"Free Associate," "Senior Applications Specialist," and "Consulting
Engineer" (all of them pretty meaningless).
Perot Systems is a consulting company, but I worked in a small
sub-group called Time0, consisting of about 170 people, that attempted
to create and market a reusable platform called MarketCAP for digital
marketplaces. Perot Systems laid off the Time0 group in February 2000
as part of a cost-cutting initiative.
Here are some highlights of my career at Perot:
- BillingZone Roadmap
(July 2000 - December 2000)
- I was the technical lead in a team of about four people creating
an architectural roadmap for BillingZone.com.
- SkyIron Performance
- I performed a performance analysis of SkyIron (a sub-unit of Perot
Systems / Time0) and made some recommendations that dramatically
- MarketCAP Lead
Engineer (April 1998 - April 2000)
- I gave technical direction to a team of about 15 people,
scattered over several locations, in creating the Time0 core platform
for digital marketplaces.
- Two-Tier Document Assembly and
Rendering with SGML (January - May 1998)
- I designed and developed a document assembly and rendering system
based on SGML (the precursor to XML). It could display the same
information in multiple output media.
Rujith de Silva
Created 2001-02-05; modified 2001-03-09